As the fourth most populous borough in London and the third most diverse borough in the country, working at Ealing Council presents a unique and exciting opportunity to contribute towards improving local public services and making the borough an even better place for everyone.
The council is on an ambitious journey of transformation, putting residents at the heart of what it does. The Strategy, Performance and Intelligence service sits at the centre of the organisation providing a joined-up first-class service to other council departments and key external partners. If you are looking to join a team of experts working to develop innovative and efficient business intelligence solutions, it is a fantastic time to join Ealing Council.
Working as Corporate Data Analyst in the Strategic Intelligence and Corporate Performance team, you will work across a variety of projects, providing technical data solutions to a range of stakeholders/customers. This includes documenting and reporting the results of data analysis activities and making recommendations to influence decision makers. This role is central to our ambition to more effectively utilise data to drive value and better outcomes.
You will deliver analysis, reports, projects and activities that drive improvements in service quality, efficiency and performance of the Council. You will support the development and adoption of analytical tools such as PowerBI within the Council.
Although demanding, the work will provide a good platform to test and showcase your abilities. You will also be part of a talented and supportive team that is orientated to think about new and innovative ways of delivering solutions to the key challenges and issues facing Ealing.
You will need to demonstrate:
- a thorough understanding of data structures, database systems and procedures
- excellent skills in appraising numerical and written information
- excellent knowledge of working with datasets and IT packages to manipulate and visualise data, especially Microsoft Excel and PowerBI
- a high level of interpersonal, influencing and presentation skills, including the ability to summarise complex information and communicate with a range of audiences
- an understanding of the strategic environment within which local authorities work, and the role of business intelligence and performance monitoring in local government
- knowledge of and commitment to equality and diversity issues
For an informal discussion about this post, please call Rajiv Ahlawat on 020 8825 6380 or email AhlawatR@ealing.gov.uk.
This role is subject to Ealing’s enhanced vetting process.
Closing Date: 18 December 2022
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.