Harlow Council is looking to recruit full-time permanent Revenues & Benefits Officers to join our Revenues & Benefits team.
We are looking for self-motivated professional officers who are committed individuals with detailed knowledge of at least one the following:
- Housing Benefit & Council Tax Support legislation
- Council Tax
- Non Domestic Rates
- Sundry Debt Recovery
In addition to this, you will need strong communication skills and be able to provide advice to customers in writing; face-to-face and over the telephone.
You should have:
- Previous experience of administering either Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support claims, Council Tax, Non Domestic Rates or Sundry Debts
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of achieving/exceeding varied targets in an office environment
- The ability to work under pressure and be able to explain complex decisions
- Experience of working on the Civica Open Revenues system or a similar software system
This is a challenging role within the Revenues and Benefits Service for Harlow Council and a great opportunity to work in Local Government.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Jan Smith, Senior Manager (Revenues) 01276 446242 or James Straw, Senior Manager (Benefits) 01279 446594
Our policies support our employees by enabling a positive work/life balance including flexible working where possible. In addition to this, the Council offers many excellent employee benefits which include, pension scheme, generous annual leave entitlement, health and wellbeing initiatives, employee assistance programme and development opportunities.
Harlow Council is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. People with disabilities will be offered an interview where they meet the Essential Criteria on the Employee Profile.