Directorate: Children's Services
Starting salary: £54,179-£58,210 (Soulbury PS B4-7) plus up to 3 SPA points (Pay award pending)
Location: Based in Castlewood, Clevedon
Hours: 37 hours per week
Closing date: Tuesday 29 November 2022
Four years ago, North Somerset local authority outsourced their Inclusion Services, including Educational Psychology. With a view to invest and grow the EP Service, North Somerset have recently reversed this decision, resulting in an opportunity to develop a new service; one that is adaptable, sustainable and above all else, impact led. Our culture will be driven by seeking feedback and reviewing our practice accordingly. If you work for us, you will know what impact we are trying to create, why we are measuring impact, and how you can contribute. You will know the difference you are making.
If you join us now, you will be with us from the start of this journey. You will be contributing towards the development of our purpose, vision and values; you will be co-designing and implementing our strategy; and along with every other member of the team, you will develop your leadership experience.
About the job
As a Senior EP in North Somerset, you will be working with the Principal to oversee the development and implementation of a new educational psychology service. This fantastic opportunity will invite you to consider issues such as the below, and to plan accordingly:
- How (if at all) has the role of the EP changed in light of current challenges?
- How do we know that we are making a positive impact on the lives of children and young people in North Somerset, and how can this be improved?
- How can we increase our reach?
- How can technology enhance our offer?
The SEP’s responsibilities will include oversight of trading, digital, and supervision. Working with the PEP, the Senior will ensure that there is a clear link between our goals and our day-to-day action, whilst also ensuring that our team, processes, systems, priorities and strategy are all held together.
The role is a full-time role, made up of 0.6 FTE management time, Year 3 TEP supervision, Traded work, and statutory work
- The geographical region of North Somerset is relatively small, meaning that travel time between schools and the office is minimal. You rarely, if ever, have to pay for parking
- Our work base is Castlewood, a large, comfortable and modern office in Clevedon with free parking
- Our generous CPD offer will be shaped to help us to deliver on our outcomes. The focus will be on quality
- For 22/23 the structure of the EP service will consist of:
- 1 Principal Educational Psychologist
- 1 Senior Educational Psychologist
- 6 Educational Psychologists
- 2 Trainee Educational Psychologists
- 0.8 FTE Impact analyst/ administrator
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity before applying, we would welcome the opportunity to have a further discussion. Please contact me on the below details and let me know a convenient time that I can get back to you.
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Guy Clayton, Principal Educational Psychologist Email: email@example.com
Telephone: 01934 427279.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/my-services/jobs-training/council-jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: Monday 12 December 2022
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.