Hatchell Wood Primary Academy
20 Plumpton Park Road
Doncaster DN4 6SL
Working pattern / hours: 26 hours 15 minutes / week, 08:40 – 15:00, Monday to Friday, term time only.
The Head and Governors of this thriving school are looking to appoint two talented Learning Support Assistants, to join our strong team whilst each working with a child who has ASD. The right candidate will relate well to children, the staff team and build effective relationships with parents. Under the direction of the experienced class teacher, this person will use their skills to support our child to take the next steps in their learning.
We can offer you:
- A very welcoming, caring school ethos, where every child matters
- A supportive working environment
- High quality continuous professional development
- Highly supportive, enthusiastic and hardworking colleagues
- A full induction process and support
- Friendly, honest and hardworking children
- Friendly staff with good sense of humours and realism!
We require a person who:
- Has high expectations of children, colleagues and themselves
- Has a passion for raising the achievement of all children
- Works well as part of a team
- Is able to contribute actively towards the life of the school
- Forge good relationships with children and manage challenging behaviour
Interested candidates are warmly invited to look around the school – please arrange an appointment with the Headteacher, Mr J Harris.
Application forms can be downloaded from Hatchell Wood Primary Academy website.
Please ensure completed applications reflect the requirements of the person specification and job description.
Completed applications to be returnedvia email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Plumpton Park Road, Bessacarr, Doncaster, DN4 6SL.
Closing date: 24 September 2018 – 10am
Shortlisting: 24 September 2018 – afternoon
Interviews: 27 September 2018
We are committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Hatchell Wood Primary Academy: As a member of staff you also benefit from greater opportunities for professional development and promotion as we encourage movement between our academies to give you broader work experience. Therefore, you could be required to work in any school within The Rose Learning Trust.
We are committed to the equality of opportunity in the services provided to customers and all aspects of employment. We warmly welcome applications from all sectors of the community. Our recruitment policies, procedures and practices enable all applicants to be considered on merit and ability to do the job. We will make reasonable adjustments, in line with the Equality Act, for disabled applicants if these are needed.
Doncaster Council is committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community where we strive to improve the quality of life for all. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expect all staff to share these commitments.
Many thanks for your interest in this vacancy