Two Community Care Officer opportunities are available within our Lincoln North Adult Care Team for people who want to enable, promote independence and make a real difference to people’s lives. If this is you then come and work with us in our West Adult Frailty and Long Term Condition teams. If you have an enquiring mind and are committed to the promotion of wellbeing and safeguarding of adults at risk then this would be a great opportunity for you.
About The Roles
You will have a varied and interesting caseload, which will require partnership working with other agencies. This will involve assessing and managing identified risks and taking into account any informal support available.
You will determine eligibility for funded services in accordance with the Care Act 2014 and where needed, arrange cost-effective packages of support. Creative thinking will be required to determine whether support such as voluntary services or telecare can be used to meet support needs.
You will have an allocated work base; travel to appointments to meet the needs of the service is required, and mileage claims are paid to and from appointments.
We are looking for someone who wants to use these skills and knowledge in a more creative and innovative way. If this sounds like you, then you may be just the person we are looking for and we would love to hear from you.
Are you an ambitious, diligent and hardworking individual? Are you interested in working within an organisation that is committed to providing an exceptional and integral service to the communities of Lincolnshire, where you can make a difference? If so, Lincolnshire County Council has the role for you.
- You will need the organisational and administrative skills necessary for managing a complex and varied caseload with a good standard of general education across Maths and English.
- You should have some practice experience within a Social care or similar role.
- You should be able to demonstrate commitment to continuous professional development and to work as part of a team.
- Professional curiosity is essential with an ability to solve problems by being solution focussed. This will support in the undertaking of Adult Needs Assessments, in line with the Care Act 2014, which is a requirement of this role.
- Have an understanding of the relevant legislation and be able to demonstrate values that promote wellbeing, challenge oppression and discriminations and empower people to live well.
A full Person Specification is available withing the Job Description (attached on LCC job Site).
About The Team
Our Adult Care Teams work at the heart of their communities, covering specific geographic areas. They are made up of strong and effective people who are determined to achieve our vision and objectives. Our Community Care Officers receive excellent supervision, access to learning and development opportunities and protected time to support continuous professional development.
About Our Offer
Our offer to you – Our people are our most valuable asset
Along with a competitive salary we are offering;
- A Contributory pension
- Comprehensive benefits package including excellent discount schemes and cycle to work
- Flexible working policies
- Career development pathway
- Protected Continuous Professional Development
- Comprehensive learning & development opportunities
- Paid mileage
- A generous annual leave entitlement plus the option to buy more
Further details can be found in our rewards and benefits brochure
If you would like an open and informal discussion regards this role then please contact Heather Fuller, Locality Lead West via email email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: It is imperative that your covering letter/personal statement clearly states why you have applied, how you meet the essential and desirable criteria for the role as set out in the Job Description (attached on LCC jobs Site) and what you feel you can bring to this role, the team and the wider County Council.
Applications Close on 04/12/2022 and interviews will be held W/C 12/12/2022.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.