How you'll make a difference
- Listening to young people and putting them at the heart of all that we do
- Working in partnership with families, equipping them with the skills they need to ensure young people live in happy, healthy and safe homes.
- 0-25 Disabilities Service
- 0-18 Children with Disabilities Team (Two teams) - Vacancy available
- 16-25 Young Adults with Disabilities Team (Adult Care Act) - No vacancies
- Access and Response
- Access Team - Vacancy available
- Response Teams (Five Teams) - Vacancy available
- Corporate Parenting
- Fostering Team (Two Teams) - No vacancies
- Therapeutic Fostering Team -No vacancies
- Looked After Children Team (Children in Care) - Vacancy available
- Transitions to Independence Team (Leaving Care) - No vacancies
- Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children (UASC) Team - Vacancy available
- Social Care Long Term
- South Locality, Child Protection - Kingswood Hub (Two Teams) -Vacancy available
- North Locality – Child Protection - Patchway Hub (Two Teams) - Vacancy available
- Central Locality, Child Protection - Yate Hub - Vacancy available
- Central Locality, Exploitation, Yate Hub - No vacancies
What we need from you
- You will be a qualified social worker with relevant registration to practice and a good understanding of asset and strengths based approaches to social work
- You will show that you are a problem solver, confident about making important decisions, underpinned by a genuine passion to work collaboratively with children, young people and families to meet their goals and aspirations
- You will be able to demonstrate innovation, positivity and dedication. You’ll welcome challenge and embrace change.
How a career at South Gloucestershire Council is different
We invest in the careers of our people and we are recognised for the quality, breadth and depth of our training and development offer, which helps our people make the greatest long-term difference in their work.
A career at South Gloucestershire is an opportunity for you to progress when you are ready.
Any post can become any social worker grade, be it at initial recruitment or through internal progression, our grades and salaries are:
- Social Worker £32,020 - £34,723
- Advanced Social Worker £36,298 - £39,493
- Senior Social Worker £40,478 - £43,516
We have a fluid career progression programme and structure, what does this mean for you?
- You no longer need to wait for a vacancy to gain promotion.
- Apply for progression assessment when you are ready, no restrictions on application windows.
- Earn a higher income for your recognised experience.
- Gain promotion without needing to change teams, managers or employer – fast track your potential.
- Senior roles leading to both managerial or practice specialist careers.
- Gain experience in other teams with secondment opportunities encouraged.
These posts attract a gross lump sum £3,000 ‘recruitment payment’ offered to enable Social Workers who have already successfully completed their ASYE to join our permanent workforce. This is payable upon successful completion of your probationary period (after approximately 3-6 months) and is subject to eligibility criteria. These posts are also eligible for the annual £3,000 ‘retention payment’, payable in November annually to those with two years’ service with the council in Integrated Children’s Services In an eligible post, inclusive of any ASYE period.
We also provide up to £8,000 relocation package, Housing Pilot, flexible working and a suite of employee benefits including a generous annual leave entitlement, pension and Social Work England registration fees reimbursement.
We know our team work best when they have balance in their lives and we offer genuine flexibility to help them achieve that work/life balance.
We recognise that our diverse team of skilled and dedicated people make us a great place to work. We welcome applications from everyone and ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and developed on the basis of their merits and abilities.
More information about our wider Children's Service can be found at www.socialworksouthglos.co.uk
Apply now with your CV and your personal statement, and a member of the team will be in contact with you to progress your application as a social worker here at South Gloucestershire Council.
Please note submissions will be reviewed weekly and interview panels take place every Friday morning via Microsoft Teams video link.
If you have any specific questions, our Recruitment Advisor is happy to assist, email firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re making a difference, be part of it!
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.