Job Reference: CO03 – 1683
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Finance and Commercial Services Management team, as a Risk and Insurance Officer. This role will provide vital support to the Risk and Insurance Manager in providing a comprehensive and high-quality service to the Council and its related companies and partners. The role represents a great opportunity for someone to develop and enhance their current skills whilst obtaining exposure to a wide range of senior officers within the organisation on strategically important matters.
Slough Borough Council's Finance and Commercial team is undergoing a huge transformation and is looking for new team members to be key players in its change and improvement journey. SBC has faced unprecedented challenges in recent times but has now developed a recovery and improvement plan which along with the commitment and hard work of officers and members is beginning to make a positive impact. It will be challenging but you will have an almost unique opportunity to be part of a team that will help re-build the Council and its finances. The Finance and Commercial services team are crucial to helping the council deliver on its ambitious new plans.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide support for the Risk and Insurance Manager and professional leadership in respect of the Council’s insurance arrangements and the management of the Council’s Insurance Section
- Support on the procurement of the Council’s insurance programme, ensuring compliance with the Insurance Act 2015
- Collaborate with service areas and contribute to the development of loss control strategies to improve the Council’s insurance risk profile
- Lead the Council’s insurance claims handling arrangements to ensure they are handled in a professional and timely manner
- Support the development of the Council’s approach to risk management
What you'll have:
We encourage development, ambition and progression so even if you don't have all the skills/experience, please do consider applying as full training and support are offered.
- Part qualified IRM or studying towards similar risk or insurance qualifications or a degree or relevant knowledge and experience
- Experience working in an insurance and risk management environment
- Experience of working with a claims management IT system
- A good understanding of the issues facing local government and those relevant to service/functional responsibilities
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary & fantastic defined pension scheme
- Opportunity to shape the service successfully
- Leave a successful legacy both within the company and community
- Have a role that will truly challenge you and that will fulfil your own ambitions
Our offer to you:
Slough Borough Council is a challenging but rewarding place to work offering a supportive place to grow and develop your career with a real opportunity for your input to be valued and heard. Ambition and innovation will be required now more than ever, and you'll join a friendly and collaborative environment where you are encouraged to thrive.
Alongside a competitive salary and generous pension, there are a range of great benefits including:
- Options for hybrid working arrangements with an expectation of at least 2 days per week in the office to promote work-life balance
- Generous holiday entitlement: 25 days holiday each year + Bank holidays rising to 29 days between 2 -5 years of service and after 5 years of service rising to 32 days
- Our commitment to equality and diversity through a range of employee networks
- Tax-free childcare and childcare services
- Discounted car parking
- Season loan ticket
We particularly encourage applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Candidates as they are currently under-represented in leadership positions.
We value diversity.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.