Job Reference: CO03 – 1675
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a Finance and Commercial Services Management team, as a Procurement Officer. You will be supporting the delivery of high quality administrative technical services in the Procurement and Contracts management team, which overall helps deliver the Council’s procurement pipeline. A large part of the role will also support procurement processes internally to ensure that procurement is compliant with UK procurement rules, as well as internal rules. This role will allow you to have impact, be challenged and be part of a team that wants to leave a positive legacy within both the organisation and community.
What you'll be doing:
- Supporting the delivery of high quality administrative technical services throughout the Procurement and Contract Management teams
- Keep the Procurement inbox up to date
- Lead in the preparation of tender documents
- Provide support, technical expertise, and assistance in the management of the Council’s electronic tendering portal.
- Provide a high quality of documentation is prepared for liaison with legal advisors regarding the preparation / binding of legal documents ready for signature and the sealing process
- Support the Head of Commercial and the Commercial team in providing a high-quality service
- Organise diaries and arrange meetings on behalf of Senior management
- Raise requisitions/purchase orders when needed
- Undertake service analysis to support the year-end position and the Accounts
What you'll have:
We encourage development, ambition and progression so even if you don't have all the skills/experience, please do consider applying as full training and support are offered.
- Experience working with both internal and external teams and partnerships to support/develop new ways of working
- Experience providing high level advice working in procurement/contract management
- Ability to interpret/analyse performance and finance information to feed into practice improvements and contribute to business planning
- Ability to develop productive and collaborative working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Experience leading delivery of projects/programmes
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary & fantastic defined pension scheme
- Opportunity to shape the service successfully and play a leading management role
- Leave a successful legacy both within the company and community
- Have a role that will truly challenge you and that will fulfil your own ambitions.
Our offer to you:
Slough Borough Council is a challenging but rewarding place to work offering a supportive place to grow and develop your career with a real opportunity for your input to be valued and heard. Ambition and innovation will be required now more than ever, and you'll join a friendly and collaborative environment where you are encouraged to thrive.
Alongside a competitive salary and generous pension, there are a range of great benefits including:
- Flexible and hybrid working options with an expectation of at least 2 days per week in the office
- Generous holiday entitlement: 25 days annual leave (not including Bank holidays), rising to 29 days between 2 - 5 years of service and 32 days after 5 years of service
- Generous pension scheme
- Wellbeing initiatives including cycle rides and sports tournaments amongst others.
- Our commitment to equality and diversity through a range of employee networks
- Tax-free childcare and childcare services
- Discounted car parking
- Season loan ticket - to help with the cost of your rail / bus journey to & from work.
In our office, we are assembling the best minds in public sector reform. If that’s you, then this could be a career defining move for you.
We particularly encourage applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Candidates as they are currently under-represented in leadership positions.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.