Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Council's Maintenance Service team as a Repairs Planner, helping to deliver more than 30,000 repairs per year to Council tenants. This position is based at Harlington Road Depot, and involves working closely with the Repairs Team Leader, the multi-trade operatives and Lead Multi-Trade Operative.
The purpose of this role is to co-ordinate the scheduling of all reactive repairs to ensure that works are distributed, booked and delivered in line with Council procedures and standards. Further, this post holder will actively support the Council's aim to answer and resolve, where possible, all first point of contact queries accurately and to efficiently facilitate the completion of repairs as a 'First Time Fix'.
You will work regularly with Lead Operatives, Operatives and contractors to ensure that repairs works are clearly communicated and understood. In additional, you will co-ordinate appointments direct with residents, linking back to the Council's IT systems and scheduling the works with the Operatives.
Previous experience with working in a responsive customer service role would be an excellent fit for this position!
You will be working with a range of contacts including Lead Operatives, colleagues, residents, Multi Trade Operatives, Team Leaders, contractors and members of the public, so it is essential that you have excellent communication skills, to allow you to develop contacts with the organisation, and relationships with customers and colleagues.
Other important skills would include:
* resource management
* planning, organising and scheduling
* effectively prioritising workload
* teamwork and relationship building
* time management
* high standard of verbal communication
* customer care
You must be motivated to deliver results, and will be expected to take ownership of your personal development, while helping to deliver agreed Team Plans and PADA targets.
You will have experience of working in a customer facing role, managing a high volume of work effectively and accurately.
You will need to ensure that you meet the requirements set out on the person specification, in the attached document.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
Due to an expected high volume of applications, we could close this role early, we therefore recommend you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.