Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
Please note salary for part-time positions are pro-rated.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Learn Hillingdon Adult Community Education in our progression from a Good to Outstanding Ofsted rating.
We are looking to recruit a part-time Tutor Co-ordinator to the following position:
Maths Tutor Co-ordinator (part-time, 18 hours per week)
Leading a high-quality Maths provision and curriculum to maintain high standards, co-ordinating teaching, learning and assessment, teaching 6 hours per week, supporting sessional staff within our centres throughout the borough and in community outreach settings.
You will report to the Programme Area Leader for Maths for all operational and quality performance issues.
You will have a teaching qualification and your subject specialism must be Maths. You will have experience of teaching Maths from Entry level - Level 2 ESOL, ideally in Adult Education or Further Education. You will be a good/outstanding teacher and have good knowledge of curriculum and pedagogic developments.
You will have excellent communication skills and be a good team player who is passionate about driving improvement and raising performance. You will be learner-centred, have a 'can-do' attitude and strong organisational skills and the ability to work on your own initiative.
This post requires some evening work and occasional weekend work. A full, clean driving licence and use of own vehicle at all times is essential for this role.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.