TEACHING ASSISTANT 1 -1 (SEN) LEVEL 2
(Temporary contract subject to funding)
25 hours per week, 46 weeks per year, term time
PAY BAND D / SCP 5 – 6
£21,575 - £21,968 pro rata per annum plus SEN allowance of £1,401 pro rata per annum
(Actual salary £13,253 - £13,495 plus actual SEN of £860 per annum)
The Governors of Holy Family Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant to provide 1-1 support for a pupil in KS2 (Year 6) with complex needs. We are looking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic Teaching Assistant with strong SEN skills, with a proven track record of raising attainment. We see this as an exciting opportunity for you to work alongside a forward-thinking Senior Leadership team who are dedicated to providing the best outcomes for all our pupils.
The successful candidate will:
- Be experienced in supporting a pupil(s) with specific complex needs on a 1 to 1 basis helping to develop independence and communication interaction.
- Be suitably qualified and have experience of working with pupils who have SLD/ASC/SEMH/Complex needs
- Be committed to raising standards, ensuring children achieve their full potential
- Be adaptable and able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
- Be committed to working in partnership with colleagues, other professionals and families
- Demonstrate high expectations and standards in learning, teaching and behaviour
- Have an awareness of inclusion, especially within a school setting.
- Hold an NVQ Level 2 or above for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Be willing to undertake appropriate, relevant training.
In return we can offer you: -
- A warm and welcoming environment
- Talented and enthusiastic pupils
- A dynamic and friendly staff who are passionate about making a difference for our pupils
- A supportive Local Governing Body
- Parents who are keen for their children to thrive
- A commitment to high quality CPD opportunities
Holy Family Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding, to promote the welfare of our children and expects all staff to share this commitment, adhering to the Equality Act 2010. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK. All employees are expected to abide by Holy Family Catholic Primary School Staff Code of Conduct.
By engaging in this recruitment process, shortlisted candidates consent to an online search in line with the Keeping Children Safe in Education Statutory Guidance 2022.
For further details and an application pack please contact the school email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application forms and Person Specification are also available on the school website at: www.holyfamilyhalewood.org.uk
Completed application forms should be sent directly to the school by post, marked for the attention of Mr Quigley, or emailed to email@example.com
Only successful shortlisted candidates will be contacted with details of interview
Closing Date: Tuesday 29th November 2022 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: Tuesday 29th November 2022
Interviews: Friday 2nd December 2022