Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
Hillingdon is London's second largest borough. Our staff live across Hillingdon and beyond, with our main council offices at the Civic Centre in the heart of vibrant Uxbridge town centre. Putting our residents first is at the heart of everything we do, and we are embarking on an ambitious plan to modernise our service offering, while sustaining high-quality delivery.
We are now recruiting for a Technical Administrative Support Officer reporting to the Highway Asset and Performance Manager. The post holder will be responsible for providing comprehensive and high quality technical administrative support to the Highways team, meeting performance targets and embedding a culture of "Putting our residents first" where continuous service improvement is maintained.
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, contributing to delivering an excellent service by making suggestions to improving work practices, and implementing new ways of working.
The main aspects of the role are
· To deliver complex, routine and emergency tasks against the technical administrative standards to ensure consistency in maintaining service delivery
· Prioritise tasks assigned and escalating any gaps to senior managers
· To provide technical support to Highways Structures team i.e. Abnormal load movement, asset management and data base
· To produce reports, analysis and statistical information as required.
· To provide financial administrative support to managers and prepare a monthly spending report for Head of Highways.
· To prepare and submit highways fee claims and overtime claim for the Highway officers by the deadline.
· To have a flexible and adaptable approach to work and contribute to delivering an excellent service by making suggestions to improving work practices.
You should have experience or knowledge of providing administrative and/or technical support functions; meeting challenging targets and deadlines; excellent communication
skills, with good planning and organisational skills. You must also be able to demonstrate good customer service, flexibility and ready to adapt to changing workloads.
It is essential that you have experience of managing high volumes of work effectively and accurately, and in dealing with routine matters independently within deadlines. You will also need to demonstrate experience of developing and maintaining good relations with service users, senior colleagues.
It is also expected you will have experience in using IT systems, particularly Word,
Excel, Access and PowerPoint and specific packages.
What we offer
The role offers a competitive salary of £27,807 to £29,214 per year. We also offer a wide range of company benefits and whilst these vary according to the business area and role, they typically include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
Due to an expected high volume of applications, we could close this role early, we therefore recommend you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.