We are recruiting a Social Care Officer to join our 0-25 Disability Team in Medway Children’s Services. Our vision and values put children at the heart of everything we do. We have realigned our services to ensure we achieve the best outcomes for our children, young people and their families.
The 0-25 Disability Team provides specialist services and support to children and young people from birth to 25 years of age who have a severe or profound learning or permanent disability or complex long-term health need.
This role supports a hybrid working style which means that you will have the opportunity to work from home and office.
In return for your commitment, we offer you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
- The Government has introduced new ways of supporting parents with childcare costs. Further details are available here: - https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
You will need
- an NVQ3 in Care or equivalent level qualification
- experience of working with vulnerable adults in a professional capacity
- experience of delivery direct work to vulnerable adults
- experience and/or an understanding of the mental capacity act.
- a full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes.
Please click on the link at the bottom of this advert to apply on-line.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.
This position is subject to an Enhanced Children’s DBS Check.