The Customer Fulfilment Performance Manager is responsible for ensuring that the Customer Fulfilment Centre team delivers an exemplar customer experience to our residents and customers. We deliver a wide range of services and as such it is the organisation’s main front door. Customers will interact with us through a broad range of channels: Phone, Email, Web/Live Chat, Video and social media.
This role will lead on the monitoring of all key performance indicators (KPI); service level agreements; identifying efficiencies, developing and enabling training and professional development across the Customer Fulfilment Centre Team. The post will support the Strategic Customer Experience Manager with implementation of key projects and continuous improvement opportunities as identified through the Customer Service Excellence corporate programme.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity and inclusion is the key to our success. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
About the role
This role will drive performance improvements across the Customer Fulfilment centre ensuring delivery of an exemplar customer services operation.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the Customer Fulfilment Centre delivers a best-in-class service, meeting or exceeding all KPIs
- Establish robust mechanisms to measure, report and feedback on intelligence and insight
- Actively contribute to the outcomes of the Customer Experience strategy, implementing projects and process improvements both within the CFC and working with colleagues across the organisation
- Oversee the development and implementation of a new Training Programme for the CFC workforce and embedding new services
- Develop and implement a training and development programme for the CFC workforce, with a focus on increasing the base of multi-skilled staff
- End-to-end customer contact processes and their associated customer experience within the Service
You’ll be part of a team that relies on each individual to play their part to the best of their ability. As well as the colleagues that you work closely with every day, you’ll also be part of Team Reading, playing your personal part in making Reading a successful and vibrant place. Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success. Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
Work Together as one team - champion and inspire a culture which ensures that all employees across the organisation work together to provide excellent outcomes for Reading
Drive Efficiency - create an environment in which resources are used efficiently and employees’ skills are developed and used effectively
Be Ambitious - aspire to deliver excellence and inspire and support others to reach their potential
Make a Difference to Reading - inspire a culture in which the customer is the focus and where change is welcomed as an opportunity
We are very excited about this role which is new to our customer fulfilment centre. We are looking for someone who is passionate about improving the customer’s experience and has been extensively involved in driving performance improvements using project management methodologies across a Customer facing team.
You will have the skills to monitor key performance indicators; identify efficiencies and develop and implement a continuous professional development strategy across the Customer Fulfilment Centre.
As a creative leader, you will play a key role in our team so great analytical, synthesis, communication/stakeholder management skills are also essential.
The following experience is required for this role:
- Extensive experience of leading and managing a large customer fulfilment centre environment
- Developing and managing Performance Management Systems and Customer Feedback Systems
- Designing and shaping resources and processes to meet the needs of the Council and its customers
- Managing and /or implementing multiple projects to drive up performance specifically around process improvement
- Using data to provide insight and analysis to drive the direction of service delivery
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact: Lisa Munga, Strategic Customer Experience Lead at Lisa.Munga@reading.gov.uk
Closing Date: Sunday 4th December 2022
Interview Date: To Be Confirmed
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.