“I can’t save the world, but in Slough I can make a difference”.
Those are the words of one of Slough’s Adult Social Care team. From the very top, every member of our team has one thing driving them – wanting to make a positive difference to the lives of residents. And in Slough, that difference will be obvious every day.
Be a part of a team which has a Reablement service which, last year, helped hundreds of people become independent again after a stay in hospital, who’s Occupational Therapists, domiciliary rehab staff and social workers find innovative ways to support people to live how they like using direct payments, where an incredible partnership with health means integrated teams which deliver services more effectively.
No day is the same in Slough. We have the most diverse population outside of London, one of the youngest populations in the country but an older population with high levels of need and a range of health inequalities.
At Slough Borough Council (SBC) we offer structured supervision, training to enhance skills and excellent development opportunities. You will not be bored in Slough and you will be surrounded by professional, caring and dedicated colleagues and friends. Be a part of it - join us!
As we have launched a new Reablement and Independence Service, we have also agreed new working patterns and the majority of these roles mean that you must be prepared to work 4 days on and 4 days off rota with a requirement for some evening and weekend working. Further details can be discussed with the hiring manager at any stage of the recruitment process, or at interview should you be shortlisted.
Your main accountabilities will be:
- To deliver high quality rehab within the home or community-based settings
- To support people in achieving increased independence via outcome based Reablement plans designed by Occupational Therapists (OT) or Physiotherapy staff.
- To promote the wellbeing of the service users by supporting them with daily living skills, by teaching, assisting and motivating people to re-learn activity which achieves increased independence.
- Maintain care records to track rehab progress for review by therapy staff.
You will need to have:
- Care sector experience in a professional or personal capacity.
- Understanding and commitment to equality and Diversity.
- The ability to communicate effectively with others verbally and in writing.
- The ability to understand and follow instructions and Policies.
- The ability to work in challenging circumstances and remain calm when dealing with emergency situations.
- Good organisational skills.
- The ability to be respectful and maintain confidentiality.
- Able to demonstrate a good standard of numeracy and literacy skills.
- NVQ Level 2 in Care, QCF Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care or equivalent and the willingness to undertake the qualification.
- Full UK driving licence with daily access to a car.
Slough Borough Council offers a challenging but rewarding place to work, in a supportive environment where your valued input will help shape the future direction of the Council’s Reablement and Independence Service. Ambition and innovation will be required now more than ever, and you'll join a friendly and collaborative environment where you are encouraged to thrive.
Please refer to the relevant Job Description and Person Spec here: www.slough.gov.uk/jobs
Job Reference: PA04-1716J
Feel free to email email@example.com for an application form, outlining the reference number above which you can additionally submit. Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for confirmation on the skills, qualifications and experience required for the position.
Interviews will be held week commencing 12 December 2022.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Samantha Cicero, Registered Manager on 07749 710 112.
We particularly encourage applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Candidates as they are currently under-represented in leadership positions.
We are a Disability Confident Employer – committed to ensure that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.
We value diversity.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.