The City of London Corporation manages 2,900 homes across the City of London and six surrounding Boroughs, including 1,930 homes for social rent.
We have a vacancy for a Resident Services Officer, and we are seeking a person who really understand the importance of social housing and wants to make a difference to our residents and their communities.
You will be based at a local estate office (Monday to Friday) and will provide a responsive, helpful, and efficient first point of contact to residents on a wide range of housing management issues.
Your main duties will include:
- Handling a full range of tenancy management issues including sign-ups, tenancy audits, mutual exchanges, successions, and tenancy terminations
- Responding effectively to complaints of anti-social behaviour and tenancy breaches
- Supporting vulnerable residents and working with colleagues and agencies to help sustain tenancies
- Actively promoting resident involvement activities and being a visible presence on your estate, building positive relationships with residents’ associations and other groups in your area
Reporting to the local Area Manager, you will work independently much of the time and will need outstanding organisational skills and a positive, enthusiastic approach to getting things done for residents living on our estates.
This is a time of change for the City of London Corporation, and you will be able to bring your prior knowledge, experience and inspiration to help design improvements to our housing services and ensure they truly meet residents’ needs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of relevant housing law and regulation, with significant experience of applying this in a social housing organisation
- Experience of resolving complex enquiries from residents, elected Members, internal partners and external agencies.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills, with an ability to resolve conflict positively
- Knowledge of safeguarding principles relating to children and vulnerable adults and experience of applying these in a housing management setting
- Knowledge of antisocial behaviour case management and experience of successfully resolving a range of ASB and nuisance issues
- Experience of resident involvement activities and an ability to promote positive relationships with tenants and leaseholders
The vacancy covers a patch geographically spread across three London boroughs, and the Resident Services Officer will be expected to travel between sites as required:
Please note that travel will also be required to the Barbican and other City of London sites for meetings and training.
Please see the job description and person specification for a full list of the requirements. Candidates must explain in their personal statement how they meet the requirements of the post.
To request an informal discussion about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, please contact 020 7332 3978 (24hr answerphone) quoting OCCS0766. A minicom service for the hearing impaired is available on 020 7332 3732.
The City of London Corporation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The City of London Corporation is committed to Equal Opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.