This is a fixed term post for 6 months.
We are looking for a commercially minded individual with knowledge and good understanding of good commercial and contract management practice to provide support on the review of specific contractual provisions in various live contracts across the organisation. Your main objective will be to aim to make a positive difference for our relationships with suppliers, working together with contract managers, exploring new ideas to increase efficiencies and maximise best value for the Council. Using your knowledge and experience, you will have the opportunity to be innovative when reviewing, refreshing and developing contract and commercial policies, tools and guidance.
The Procurement, Contracts and Commercialisation team supports commercial activity covering a broad range of categories, including social care, public health, transport, IT, construction projects, highways and housing development and many others.
This role is paramount to driving the development of a commercial and contract management best practice resulting in savings and successful outcomes on a range of contractual reviews. Managing inflation will be a key focus for this role, as well as promoting good commercial practice by successfully resolving contractual enquiries.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Commercially minded individual with contract management background and knowledge
- Has excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Able to promote and improve commercial services provided to third parties/external stakeholders
- Able to provide clear contract management advice to support officers and senior managers across the Council
- Able to build and maintain robust relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Able to actively participate in discussions relating to contractual enquiries and disputes
It would be desirable to have:
- Experience or excellent understanding of Public Contracts Regulations 2015
- Relevant professional qualification, such as Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply, or a recognised business qualification;
- Strong IT skills, specifically in PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience in using e-procurement software
Closing date: 11pm, 28th November 2022
Interviews: w/c 12th December 2022.
For an informal discussion, please contact Valentina Velcheva on Valentina.Velcheva@wokingham.gov.uk
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunity employer.