We are looking to fill 2 posts within the Democratic and Electoral Services team:
1) specialising in the areas of Committee and Scrutiny
2) specialising in Electoral Services
For each post, we are looking for a confident proactive individual with excellent communication and organisational skills, and a keen eye for detail.
As well as being able to consistently meet deadlines, you will have strong interpersonal skills in order to deal with a variety of people at all levels in and outside the Council. You will also be able to work flexibly and have a positive approach to problem-solving.
1) Committee and Scrutiny - You will need: a proven track record of success in managing formal committee meetings involving the decision-making processes in a political organisation; the ability to interpret and apply legislation; awareness of and an interest in current affairs; good communication and writing skills; excellent organisational skills; the ability to consistently meet demanding deadlines in a pressurised environment; excellent research, analysis and communications skills to support Policy and Scrutiny Panels and single topic task and finish groups.
2) Electoral Services – We are looking for an organised and experienced electoral administrator. You will need a proven track record of conducting electoral registration and elections, and have gained or be willing to work towards the AEA Certificate in Electoral Administration. You must be able to work flexibly, as during election periods you will be expected to work additional hours including evenings and weekends.
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Sue Efford (Committee) / Philippa Penney (Scrutiny and Electoral Services) on 01275 884244 / 01275 884010
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview dates:
1) Committee and Scrutiny – Monday, 8th October
2) Electoral Services – Friday, 12th October