Job Title: Growth Data Officer
Starting Salary: £33,820 with the opportunity to progress to a maximum of £37,261 per annum
Hours: 37 per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
The Technical Support team, within the county council’s Growth & Infrastructure Unit, helps facilitate growth and development across Hertfordshire by providing data-driven analysis and geospatial support.
To further develop ongoing geospatial projects and the maintenance of planning related datasets, we are recruiting a Growth Data Officer. Role holders will help to create, manage, interpret, and visualise planning data.
This is a new data-focused post within the Technical Support Team, with role holders reporting directly to the Technical Support Manager.
Role holders will support growth-related workstreams through the provision of Geographic Information System Mapping Technology (GIS) and data interpretation skills. Role holders should understand fundamental data literacy concepts and will be expected to help develop of important planning datasets.
Role holders will also work closely with existing data technicians to understand the Hertfordshire Demographic Model and Pupil Yield Survey.
The Growth Data Officer will:
- Assist in the collection and ongoing maintenance of growth and planning related datasets
- Provide explanatory support regarding the county council’s approach to calculating developer contributions, including our Hertfordshire Demographic Model and Pupil Yield Survey.
- Help monitor and maintain the Unit’s access to GIS resources
- Coordinate with the Technical Support Manager to provide internal technical advice on GIS or analytical approaches (including demographic modelling).
We are looking for an individual with a postgraduate or degree-level qualification in GIS, or a related subject with a spatial analysis component (e.g., geography, data science). Or, for any individual who has acquired equivalent professional data / spatial analysis or mapping experience (minimum 2 years.)
We are also looking for individuals who have:
- Experience explaining complex data / concepts
- A proactive approach towards monitoring and evaluating
- A comprehensive understanding of ESRI ArcGIS and Microsoft Excel. Further understanding of R or QGIS is also encouraged
This is a new role and opportunity to help deliver data-driven workstream related to growth in Hertfordshire. Role holders will work with databases, demographic modelling, and GIS on a daily basis. They will engage with officers across Environment and Transport and can shape how future Growth & Infrastructure Unit projects are delivered, by learning, or using computer coding.
Closing Date: Sunday 27th November 2022
Interview Date: 6th & 7th December 2022
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Hannah Regis, Technical Support Manager, Growth & Infrastructure at firstname.lastname@example.org