You will have overall operational manager responsibility for five teams, with a specific focus on children in need, those in need of protection and their families and those who receive support under the Public Law Outline framework. You will work alongside other social work colleagues to develop and continuously improve the delivery of a high quality effective social work service that is informed by Signs of Safety practice models and that delivers good outcomes for children, young people and their families.
Our team structures are designed to ensure there is the right level of support available to staff. You will report to the Head of Service and be responsible for managing 4 Children’s Social Work Team Managers and 1 Adolescent Team Manager. You will also deputise and support the Head of Service where necessary.
- A basic salary of £49,437 - £53,524 per annum
- An annual market allowance of £10,000 per annum (payable in monthly payments)
- A £3,000 per annum on call payment (payable in monthly payments)
- A retention payment of £3,000. This is a fixed sum payable in April each year, following one years’ service in Medway.
- Essential Car user allowance with option to apply for a lease car after six months.
- Hybrid working - enabling you to work from home/office (a minimum of 2 days per week will be required in the office)
- Relocation package of up to £8,000
- You will hold a degree in Social Work - CQSW, DipSW or equivalent and be registered with Social Work England
- You will hold a management qualification and/or willing to work towards
- You will have a proven track record in strategic planning and leadership
- You will have substantial experience of working within a children and families statutory setting
- You will have proven experience in budget management
- You will hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle for work purposes
If you are looking for a new challenge, then we would love to hear from you.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Andrada Pepenel, Service Manager for CSWT, on 07593 632550 or Pauline Naraine, Head of Service on 07800 512202.
Closing date for applications is 27th November 2022.
Interviews will be held on either 5th December 2022 (pm) or 9th December 2022.
To apply please click on the ‘Apply Online’ button at the bottom of this advert.
This post is subject to an enhanced Children’s DBS check.
For more information on our roles within Children’s Services please visit https://www.medway.gov.uk/childrenservicesjobs
Please note that all recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in hard copy format, please contact the Children's Services Recruitment Team on 01634 332211 or email email@example.com
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.