Waste Collection and Disposal Contract Manager
We are looking for an innovative, forward-thinking person to join our Clienting Team and help us progress our environmental agenda.
You will be a key player as we seek to not only to help deliver outstanding services to residents, but also to ensure we develop and futureproof our collection and disposal activities.
You will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the collection and disposal services, undertaking data analysis, working in partnership with local and national organisations and delivering activities in support of strategies, campaigns and plans. This will include developing the services we offer to residents, ensuring elements of the Wokingham Borough Climate Emergency Action Plan are delivered and mentoring two direct reports.
You will also support other departments of the Council including communications, customer delivery, housing and engagement with the council’s elected councillors and colleagues.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to improving our services and providing value for money for residents. We need someone with innovative ideas and analytical skills to drive forward ways to maximise recycling whilst reducing the overall waste generated.
You will have:
- Experience of working in waste collection and/or disposal with a good track record of operating outsources services
- Previous line management experience
- The ability to develop and deliver innovative ways to improve waste collection and disposal via a range of methods
- Good organisational skills and time-management to meet deadlines and support delivery of schemes, including service changes
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:-
- To be responsible for one member of staff
- To manage c.£10m for disposal/recycling and c.£5m for collection of waste
- To support the Lead Specialist in their role
- To ensure the smooth running of the collection contract on a daily basis and support partners in conjunction with the disposal element
- To support the development and delivery of the Waste Strategy and provide innovative ideas
- To ensure all health and safety requirements are embedded and actioned
- To present information to internal and external groups
- To write high quality reports for differing audiences
- To provide advice and information to Members
- To respond to customer queries
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:-
- Degree or equivalent experience in waste/environmental field
- Evidence of continuous personal development
- Effective strategy and report writing skills
- Delivering projects and service improvements
- Resolving of complex cases with positive outcomes
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT and analytical skills
- Ability to drive and access to vehicle
Closing date: 11pm, 11 December 2022
Please contact Richard Bisset firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this opportunity.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.