About The Role:
West Northamptonshire Council has been on an exciting journey of transformation since the change to become a unitary authority in April 2021, and our Strategy and Partnership Team are setting up a new ALMO Partnership team. The purpose of the team is to undertake a partnership and client monitoring role with the Council’s Arms-Length Management Organisation (ALMO), Northampton Partnership Homes (NPH).
Northampton Partnership Homes manage West Northamptonshire Council's housing services. Owned by West Northamptonshire Council, they have their own management team and Board of Directors. NPH has been set up by West Northamptonshire Council for an initial period of 15 years and is responsible for the following services:
- Allocations and lettings
- Repairs and maintenance
- Housing management, including dealing with anti-social behaviour
- Tenancy support
- Tenant involvement
- Council owned traveller site
What will you be doing?
- Your role will be key in our working relationship with NPH and the effective coordination and collaboration between the council and NPH.
- You will lead in supporting NPH in continuous improvement and management of the Council’s housing stock, ensuring the Council is meeting all the statutory health and safety requirements and regulatory standards.
- Through the partnership, you will ensure that the Council has assurances that NPH continues to deliver high quality services for residents, communities and the local authority
- You will work closely with NPH to ensure that the housing investment programme is successfully planned, monitored, and delivered.
- The Housing Partnership Manager will work in collaboration with NPH in the production of business cases in relation to housing and regeneration schemes, grant funding opportunities and assess the risks and outcomes of the scheme and their likely impact on the Housing Revenue Account and the Council.
- You’ll have excellent communion skills and the ability to foster and manage collaborative and successful partnerships, whist not being afraid to challenge when required.
- Experience in project and contract management is required, ideally within a housing service or closely related field
- You will have experience of performance management and quality assurance methods and practices
- You’ll need budget management experience, managing both revenue and capital budgets, alongside strong monitoring and forecasting skills.
- You will have demonstrable experience of delivering service improvements and transformation in a housing compliance, building safety or health and safety service environment.
- You’ll be pro-active, highly motivated and able to think creatively to overcome obstacles.
See full job and person specification for further information
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 27 days annual leave per year, 28 days for senior managers (pro rata for part time employees), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Car Lease scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our workforce with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working. Recognising that not all roles can be carried out remotely or part remotely, some of our roles are assigned as fixed worker based out of one of our locations across West Northamptonshire.
- Making a difference - If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people's lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
The council is in the process of implementing a new pay structure and terms and conditions which will be applicable to this role. The outcome could result in a future variation to the advertised salary, and this will be discussed at interview.
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities.
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance, Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver services.
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail, and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-minded people.
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.