Ascot Heath is a 2-form entry primary school which opened in September 2019 when the former infant and junior schools amalgamated. The children and staff are really enjoying being part of a primary school. We are currently recruiting for a school Caretaker to join us on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will work with the school Business Manager to ensure that the school building and the school site are maintained to a high standard.
- Cleaning, basic plumbing, replacing light bulbs, basic carpentry,
- Painting and decorating, portering, room/hall set up's, grounds maintenance, escorting contractors
- Car park management as required
- Operates during and outside of school opening hours. Works both indoors and within the school grounds throughout the year.
- Working with commercial cleaning/ maintenance materials, which require appropriate handling and application.
- Required to move furniture including heavy items. The majority of working day is spent undertaking physical activities.
- Liaising with contractors whilst on site to ensure their safety and that of staff and pupils
- Ensuring that the physical school environment is maintained to a standard that allows the school to function on a daily basis.
- Able to prioritise tasks in a busy environment.
- Must be physically fit, able to bend, lift and use step ladders.
- Experience of working in a school setting desirable.
- Arrange emergency repairs as and when required to minimise disruption to the school working day. This may include arranging annual maintenance and safety checks.
- Plumbing and carpentry skills
- DIY/maintenance skills
- Ability to co-ordinate and prioritise work
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and maintain excellent working relationships
- Ability to demonstrate a "can do "approach.
- Commitment to continuing training/development of knowledge and skills
- Must be available for out of hours emergencies and callouts.
- Must be flexible regarding working hours
- An understanding and experience of implementing health and safety legislation and requirements.
- An understanding of the potential facilities needs of a School.
At Ascot Heath we are proud to offer you:-
- a motivated Leadership team who will support new leaders professionally and allow them freedom to be creative in order to enrich the children’s learning opportunities
- a happy and committed staff team who are welcoming and supportive of new staff
- friendly and well behaved children who are really excited at the launch of their new school and our new curriculum
- a commitment from the governors and leadership team to ensure staff well being and development is a key priority
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit or to find out more information about the role then please contact the Business Manager via the school office on 01344 882631 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ascot Heath Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Applications will be considered on receipt