An opportunity has arisen in our Property Services team for a Leasehold Officer.
1 x full time position (37 hours per week)
1 x part time position (15 hours per week)
This role involves undertaking leasehold management and administration duties for a leasehold portfolio of 900 properties.
You will support the business processes that underpin the services delivered to leaseholders, shared owners and other stakeholders, for whom you will be first point of contact. Homes First has a varied portfolio of mixed tenure properties located from rural areas to busy town centres and owned by both Lewes District and Eastbourne Borough Councils. The role involves:
- Responding to service enquiries about leasehold matters
- Carrying out statutory consultations under leasehold law
- Calculating and distributing annual reserve fund service charges
- Dealing with solicitors’ landlord enquiries (pre-sale)
- Being involved in the review and monitoring of service improvement plans
- Issuing commissions to consultants, legal advisors and other experts
- Process invoices from supply chain partners
- Arrange meetings, book venues and take notes / minutes as required
- Liaison with account management teams in the preparation of service charges
- Leasehold data management and filing
- Compiling statistical reports
- Letter writing and mail merges
- Log and monitor complaints, MP & Councillor enquiries and FOI requests
- Assisting with other projects being undertaken within Property Services
You will need an understanding of landlord and tenant law with particular emphasis on leasehold. As well as accuracy, literacy and numeracy, you will need to be resilient, proactive, calm under pressure and be able to manage customer expectations effectively.