Working closely with the Head of Education & Partnerships within Children’s Services, you will help to support the administrative functions of the Barnsley Schools’ Alliance. The Barnsley Schools’ Alliance represents a sector-led model that works in partnership with the Local Authority; this sector-led improvement approach means that all schools take a collective responsibility for the outcomes of Barnsley children and all partners have a mandate to mutually support and challenge each other.
We’re a council that prioritises Children’s Services, and we want every child in the borough to achieve their full potential, to be safe and happy. We're looking to recruit a highly motivated, enthusiastic and committed individual to strengthen the Authorities most valuable asset, its workforce.
Barnsley Council’s Business Support Service is a fast paced, diverse and dynamic support service where no two days are the same but are equally rewarding. We are a corporate service and work in partnership with the services we support to enable the delivery of front line and statutory services to the people and communities of Barnsley. If you thrive in a busy, interesting and rewarding environment and would like to make a solid contribution to making a real difference in the lives of all children in our Borough we would like to hear from you.
As a Business Support Officer for this dedicated role you will be expected to support the administrative functions of the Barnsley Schools’ Alliance Board and sub-groups working closely with maintained schools, academies and key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate:
· You will hold a relevant level 4 qualification
· You must be flexible in your approach to ensure the overall team and service objectives are achieved
· be an excellent team player and be willing to make a solid contribution to the smooth running of the service
· demonstrate excellent IT, verbal and written skills, and a keen eye for detail
· be highly organised, proactive and show creative thoughtful initiative
· be comfortable working independently, and as part of a team.
· develop effective working relationships with a wide range of colleagues
· work accurately and be able to prioritise under pressure to meet deadlines
· to assist and support financial monitoring of the Barnsley School Alliance
In return, you will be provided with training and opportunities to progress your continuous personal development in line with the requirements of the role, together with support from your Team Leader and colleagues in an enthusiastic and dedicated team.
Hybrid working is offered for this role, where you will be able to work a proportion of time in the office and remotely dependent upon business requirements. We recognise the benefits and importance of an environment that supports flexible working and are open to conversations throughout the application process.