Children's Safeguarding Lawyer
Fixed Term (up to 24 months), Full Time (36 hours)
Salary - PO2 - MM2 £39,564 - £62,421 Pro rata
Enfield Legal Services are expanding and have a number of exciting roles, to complement the existing team. This is a fantastic opportunity for talented and ambitious professionals to join a friendly, committed and highly regarded in-house legal team to help deliver transformational and exciting projects, as well as making a real contribution to the quality of life and sustainability of the borough. We are looking for individuals who are accustomed to working at pace in a busy team.
We work collaboratively and flexibly and welcome applications from all members of the community. We're employers that develop talent, encourage innovation and have a supportive working environment. If you want to be part of our journey, we would love to hear from you. All roles are open to Solicitors, Barristers, Fellows of CILEX, or equivalent and we would consider both part-time and full-time applicants.
We are looking for fixed term cover for a Safeguarding Lawyer (specialising in care proceedings) who can make a significant contribution to Legal Services and the Council, who is a team player and can demonstrate self-motivation, flexibility and a broad perspective. The ability to work to tight timescales/deadlines is essential for this role. The appointment will be made at the level which reflects the successful candidate’s skills and experience. Experience in Local Authority work an advantage but not essential.
The grade at which you will be appointed is dependent on PQE. If appointed at MM1 or MM2 you will be required to coach and mentor other Junior officers in the team.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing at 23:59 on Sunday 27th November 2022
Interview date: TBC
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or email@example.com
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Rita Hammond on 020 8132 1349 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.