Your work will shape local maternity and neonatal services, to support healthy pregnancies and babies.
We're always looking for better ways of doing things. How can we connect resources across Local Authority, NHS and the Voluntary and Community Sector to improve health outcomes? Improve women's health through their pregnancy? Ensure children have the best start in life? You're going to have a big impact on what we do, so you'll be trusted to take ownership of your work. You'll have time to work with professionals impacting on local maternity and neonatal services to influence the spport available for women and children. To deliver better today. And to create a better tomorrow.
Because we're Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
The Shared Public Health team in Bracknell Forest Council offer public health support to Bracknell Forest, the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead and Slough Borough Council. We complement a network of public health teams within each of those local authorities and work with colleagues across Frimley Integrated Care System to drive equitable improvements in population health.
Your role will add to this through provision of expert knowledge and experience in local maternity and neonatal service design, development and delivery.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- Enhance the impact of the Frimley ICS Smoke Free Pregnancy and Infant Feeding groups by coordinarting professionals and system agencies to identify priorities and actions to achieve equitable improvements in maternity and neonatal services.
- You will support such work through delivery of data analysis, deep dive reports and options appraisals.
- You will lead the development of campaigns and resources such as the Solihull Approach on-line parenting courses and leading on #Readyforpregnancy.
- You will work with the Voluntary and Community Sector to enable co-production of intereventions where appropriate.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities to develop a career in public health, working with public health experts across Berkshire East.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for...
We are looking for an individual with expertise in maternal and neonatal health and experience in partnership work with such services. You will be a self motivated, independent worker with excellent negotiation and collaboration skills.
Interviews will be held on 2nd December 2022
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Rebecca Willans, Consultant in Public Health
Tel.: 07825 606890
As part of the Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.