We are seeking Team Managers to join our Assessment Team. You will be responsible for leading, managing and coaching a team of 6 social workers responsible for delivering and improving services for vulnerable children, young people and their families. You will report to the Service Manager and work closely with other Team Managers across the service.
- You will hold a degree in social work - CQSW, DipSW or equivalent
- You will be a registered with Social Work England
- You will have substantial post qualifying experience working with children and families
- You will hold a management qualification and/or have proven experience in management/leadership.
- You will hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle for work purposes
Our Offer to you:
- Essential Car User Allowance with option to request a Lease Car after 6 months
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increasing to 30 days after 5 years local government service)
- Flexible working (hybrid working and 9 day fortnight)
- Market Allowance of £7,000 per annum (payable monthly in 12 equal payments)
- Retention Payment of £3,000 per annum (payable in April following 1 year's service in Medway)
- Excellent Local Government Pension Scheme
- Relocation allowance of up to £8,000
- Free parking
To view the full range of benefits available please click here.
Please click on the 'Apply Online' button.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Suzanne Mehmet, Service Manager for Assessment, on 01634 334470 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interviewed via Microsoft Teams.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Children's DBS check.
Please note that all recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in hard copy format, please contact the Children's Services Recruitment Team on 01634 332858 or email email@example.com
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.