Hours of work: Full-time teachers' hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Friday 25 November 2022, at 12pm.
Satrt date: 03 January 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
All Saints C. E. Primary School, All Saints Lane, Bexhill-on-Sea, TN39 5HA
Phone: 01424 219083
For an application pack or further information please see the school website.
Please email your completed application pack to email@example.com
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
An extraordinary opportunity has arisen for an unqualified teacher within our vibrant and creative school and nursery. This post will work in our specialist provision in a dedicated SEND facility in our mainstream setting for pupils with neuro-diverse profiles, such as Autistic Spectrum Disorder and associated Social, Emotional and Mental Health and Speech, Language and Communication Needs. This would suit an ambitious, dedicated and skilled HLTA, Instructor or qualified teacher looking for the next exciting chapter in their career.
As part of our ambitious plans for all pupils with SEND, we have expanded our current provision as well as moved to a new, larger site next to the school. This building has seen significant investment to establish it as a first class specialist SEND facility. It includes a high specification sensory room, fully equipped care suite, safe room with soft furnishings, small classroom and larger continuous provision room. This is led by a qualified, experienced teacher.
We are a highly motivated team committed to ensuring the children of All Saints have the best possible start to their education. Situated in an area of significant deprivation, we are aware of what barriers there may be to learning but, rather than allowing these to limit our expectations, we challenge them head on. We have worked together as a staff to develop a new creative, exciting curriculum and to provide extensive support for those with SEND whilst maintaining our ambition for what they can achieve. We have worked hard on our learning environment and put systems in place to ensure great teachers can get on with being great teachers.
What we can offer:
- An experienced and supportive SLT including an experienced Inclusion Manager who will line manage and directly support SEND provision.
- Investment in buildings and resources to ensure a high-quality learning environment for those with SEND.
- On-site Forest School provision with trained staff for all pupils.
- Two full-time Family Support Workers based in school helping families to overcome barriers.
- Highly skilled, dedicated and enthusiastic colleagues. We take CPD seriously and ensure it is planned, targeted and relevant to our roles.
- Wonderful children who are eager to learn and enjoy being part of the All Saints family.
- Full support of our school administration team for place allocation, review meetings, funding applications, H&S and safeguarding.
- A fantastic community in Sidley and a PTFA who proactively support the school in a variety of ways.
Please look at our website to find out more about the exciting things that we get up to: www.allsaintsbexhill.org
We are looking for someone who:
- Has an excellent knowledge of the curriculum from 2 -11 so they can adapt learning objectives for the children within the facility.
- Has an active interest in progressive teaching approaches and is reflective about what works and what doesn’t.
- Is an inspirational, creative and enthusiastic individual who will engage pupils.
- Has experience of managing a team and can get the best out of them.
- Has high standards and expectations and well-developed behaviour management skills.
- Is committed to engaging positively with parents so they are a strong part of the children’s learning.
- Believes in supporting the unique child to be the best that they can be and is ambitious for SEND.
- Is a team player who knows the importance of excellent communication skills.
- Is proactive and open to professional development.
- Is resilient and determined to overcome barriers with the support of colleagues.
- Is committed to safeguarding, supporting pupils to thrive and supportive of
our Christian ethos.
The successful applicant will support the facility lead in teaching in our SEND facility and will have the opportunity to work closely with very experienced colleagues across the school and nursery alongside a great support staff team. If you are ready for this exciting next step in your career, we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in the role, a visit to the school is essential in order to discuss the role. Please telephone the school office on 01424 219083 to arrange.
All Saints C of E Primary School and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.