Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
This is a key role within the Operational Assests team and responsible for the safety of LBH High rise buildings. The role will take the lead the implementation of the LBH Building Strategy and have lead responsibility for coordinating the golden thread of safety information for our high-risk buildings, leading on the implementation of good electronic management information systems to ensure there is clear information that allows those involved in the safety of the higher risk building to understand it and keep it safe. Working closely with tenancy management and planned works teams to ensure that residents and works programs are effectively managed and delivered to maintain building safety. The role will be responsible for checking that any works undertaken in high-risk buildings comply with current legislation and advice from central government and statutory bodies.
You will be a member of a highly focused and safety driven team, who delivers on safety within a significant housing asset. You will work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve the requirement building safety standards as required of the "Building Safety Bill and its associated regulations and Guidance. You will have experience in the field of Building safety and able to demonstrate a detailed understanding of the bill. Experienced at managing a technical team in the delivery of high profile works and tenancy engagement strategies.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.