We have a great opportunity to work for Halton Council in the Motor Vehicle Team as an Engineer.
The position gives the opportunity for non contractual overtime and standby payments that could achieve a significant addition to the annual salary. For further details or an informal chat please contact : Chris Cullen, Lead Officer on 07733306977
We are looking for a fully skilled Engineer that will provide additional skills and added quality to our present team of skilled workers.
- Full training will be provided to achieve Nominated Tester status.
- Enthusiastic attitude is required to continue their engineering development..
- The main duties will include:
- Compliance with the Authorities Operator Licence by providing quality maintenance and repair of the Councils fleet of Heavy Goods Vehicles.
- The repair and maintenance of all other Vehicle and Plant operated by the Authority.
- Hackney Carriage and Private vehicle Taxi Testing.
- Class IV, V and VII MOT testing.
- Repair and Maintenance of private cars and light commercial vehicles
The successful applicant will be based at:Halton Borough Council Depot ,Lower House Lane,Widnes,
First class mechanical engineering skills with a proven history of the repair and maintenance of Heavy Goods Vehicles; Light Commercial Vehicles and Cars.
- Good standard of education and a commitment to continual development.
- A flair for mechanics and engineering.
- A willingness to pass skills on and learn new skills.
- A polite and pleasant manner.
- Good communication skills.
“You will enjoy working here in Halton, we look forward to hearing from you”
Some of the benefits of working here at Halton are:
- Competitive salary
- Access to the local government pension scheme
- Generous leave entitlement of up to 33 days per year plus 8 bank holidays
- Great work environment
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Chris Cullen on 0151 511 7937.
Interviews are expected to be held In December 2022