Salary: Band 2 – £18,516 – £18,887 p.a. (£10,009 – £10,209 pro rata)
Part-time positions of 20 hours per week (cleaning to be carried out between the hours of 15:00 – 19:00 working Monday – Friday. Deep cleaning during the school holidays will be required.
Trafalgar School, Hilsea
The purpose of our service is “to help keep the city safe, clean and tidy and provide advice/support when needed”
As a service we take pride in our work by valuing others, focusing on what’s important so that we make a real and positive difference.
What is the role?
- The role involves carrying out a variety of cleaning tasks using manual and mechanical equipment and tools at Trafalgar School.
- At times you will be required to carry out specialist cleaning tasks, such as floor stripping and polishing.
- Be flexible in where you work, including other sites
- The reporting of repairs and other issues to the Site Manager.
- Observe all Health and Safety and CoSHH rules and take reasonable care to promote the health and safety of yourself and others.
- Correct usage and routine care & maintenance of cleaning equipment
- Be able to take responsibility of keys for entry into classrooms.
- The ability to manage your time and make good decisions whilst lone-working.
Who is the person?
You need to:
- Be able to work alone or as a member of a team in a cleaning role.
- Have cleaning experience – this is an advantage but not essential, as full training will be given.
- Be physically fit in order to be able to lift, carry and operate cleaning equipment and use a trolley to carry out all necessary cleaning tasks on site.
- Be able to assess and prioritise cleaning tasks – attention to detail is essential.
- Have good verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to work within a demanding and at times challenging environment and be adaptable to change.
- Have a good understanding of Health & Safety practices, CoSHH regulations and the importance of preventing cross-contamination.
- Be able to assess risks to personal and others’ safety and demonstrate safe methods of work when cleaning.
- Be trustworthy, responsible and an excellent timekeeper.
When completing the application form, please thoroughly tailor your application to the ‘Who is the Person’ points with the use of examples from your experience. This is really important or you are likely not to be shortlisted. The full job profile is attached.