Putting our residents first is at the heart of everything we do in Hillingdon. It's the reason that we come to work every day. With one of the highest levels of resident satisfaction in London, it's clear that all employees make a valuable contribution and understand the importance of what we do.
Although employees are located across the borough, the Civic Centre is located in the heart of the popular shopping town of Uxbridge. With Uxbridge Station just a 5 minute stroll away, 4 day a week car parking and easy links to main travel routes combined with great shopping and restaurants it's a fabulous place to work.
We are always on the lookout for talented and skilled people to help us deliver our wide range of services. If you believe that putting people at the heart of everything you do is important and you have the ambition and determination to help us continue to make our council a success by putting our residents first, then we look forward to receiving your application.
About the role
We are recruiting an apprentice support worker to join the team at our Registered Care home Colham Road. Colham road is a CQC registered residential home for 13 adults with learning disabilities and complex needs. The home provides a warm, caring and stimulating environment in which our service users can develop skills and achieve maximum quality of life.
About the apprenticeship
As an apprentice you do not need any experience working with adults with physical and learning disabilities, you will work alongside experience staff, and have the opportunity to complete a nationally recognised qualification in health and Social Care.
The apprenticeship programme is an opportunity to start your career in social care, you must be determined, empathetic and committed to making a difference to our service users' lives.
The role is to work in collaboration with the support workers, Team leader, and Registered Manager to make certain that high delivery of care is being attained within our service.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.