Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
Become an Apprentice - Gain the experience and qualifications sought by future employers to push your CV to the top of the pile.
Would you like the opportunity to earn while you learn and work for London's second largest Borough?
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic applicant for our Apprenticeship Programme within our Information Governance Team to undertake an apprenticeship in Data Protection
At Hillingdon Council, we recognise that there are many paths to a career in the public sector and we are eager to develop your skills and guide you through to the next level. Our programme invites you to bring your skills and experience to our organisation and promises to challenge you.
No two days at Hillingdon are the same and you will complete your apprenticeship with the confidence to tackle any role in the future.
About the role
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working in a specialist team. As part of the Council's commitment to provide high quality and efficient services, we are looking to recruit an apprentice who can support the Council's Information Governance Team.
You will be supporting the department with a varied range of activities including -
- Managing Freedom of Information (FoI) and Subject Access Requests (SAR) within prescribed timescales
- Managing cases within a case management system
- Scanning documents and electronically filing
- Attending to visitors to Legal Services
- Despatching copies of documents
- Assisting with the administrative arrangements for Legal Services cases.
- Ensuring the confidentiality of information at all times
We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic and highly motivated individual who is keen to learn. You will receive on-the-job training, gaining valuable experience and technical skills. This role will offer you an incredible opportunity to gain experience of working in a specialist field which affects everyone across the organisation and comes with different responsibilities and duties. If you are looking for an exciting career with lots of variety, then this is an ideal path for you!
We welcome people of all ages to take advantage of our apprenticeship programme. So, whether you are at the beginning of your professional career or re-entering the workforce, we want to hear from you!
If you have 3 GCSEs at grade A*-C or equivalent including Maths and English (we will consider applications where results are still pending).
The benefits of an apprenticeship with Hillingdon
- A nationally recognised qualification
- Job specific skills for your chosen career
- A salary with paid holidays
- Workplace-based training and (where appropriate) off-site training and/or e-learning
- Experience of working alongside colleagues in a team environment
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.