We are looking for a Business Support Officer for our Functional Family Therapy Team who will provide comprehensive and proactive support to the Manager, Advanced Practitioner and the rest of the team.
As a Business Support Officer, you will be supporting our Functional Family Therapy Team to work with young people and families who are at risk of family or care breakdown, using substances or offending or where there is a young person (11-18) who is at risk of CSE (child sex exploitation), CCE (child criminal exploitation), becoming accommodated or entering the criminal justice system.
For further information please contact Trish Early, Business Support Manager, via telephone 07988 450573 or email Trish.Early@brighton-hove.gov.uk
About the role
You will have a full induction to the work and be supported to attain the required skills by training and shadowing to enhance existing/transferable skills and learn and understand the role.
Ideally you will have experience of working in a busy office environment with the ability to prioritise your workload around the demands of the service whilst still managing to meet statutory deadlines. This role involves the use of various computer packages, and you will provide customer-focused information to people who contact the team. You will be highly organised and have an ability to work both independently and as part of a team. You will need to enjoy solving problems and managing an evolving workload with good time management skills being essential.
The post will involve some exposure to distressing information about young people and/or family circumstances.
Start date: Successful candidate will be able to start on or after 1st April 2023 subject to pre employment checks being completed
Here is what our Business Support Officers say about working in Families Children & Learning:
“The diversity of duties and working in Children’s Services is what attracted me to the role”
“Supporting my social workers, I get a lot of job satisfaction doing this job – feel like I am really involved and helping families lives”
“Feeling you have helped a client in the absence of the social worker in trying to sort out their problems. Having an understanding of their case and developing a rapport with some of the parents.”
Key skills you can offer:
- A flexible, adaptable approach to work with ability to multi task effectively according to business priorities
- Ability to deal with confidential information tactfully and with discretion
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in business support duties including arranging meetings, and taking minutes which may be of a complex nature .
- Competent in working with Outlook and Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to deal with confidential information tactfully and with discretion.
- Inputting and retrieval of data on service based IT system
Our offer to Business Support Officers:
- Career average pension scheme
- 23 days leave a year, rising to 27 days after 5 years service
- Being an active part of group supervisions
- 1-2-1 support from your Business Support Manager
- A program of learning and development opportunities through our Learning Gateway
- An online toolbox of resources to support the work of the Business Support Officer
- Peer support from other business support colleagues across the service
- Benefits such as: bus ticket and cycle loans; reduced cost gym membership with Freedom Leisure
As part of your application, you will need to complete your education and work history and provide answers to some shortlisting questions. Your answers to the shortlisting questions are the most important part of your application as they will be used in the shortlisting process to assess whether you meet the essential requirements for the role that are set out in the person specification and to decide whether you should be offered an interview. Before you start your application, please read our guidance here (Shortlisting questions guidance (brighton-hove.gov.uk)) as this gives important advice which will increase your chance of success in the shortlisting process.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is less than 37 hours or term-time only.
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, LGB, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.