The Essex Recruitment Team (ERT) is the contracted recruitment partner for Essex County Council (ECC) and has been on site since 2008 - Registering with ERT will give you direct access to all ECC vacancies.
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda - one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We're immensely proud of our flexible working options.
- To undertake duties in relation to the statutory assessment procedures including the preparation of correspondence with parents and appropriate professionals maintaining computer records, proof reading, filing and dealing with enquiries from clients and other professionals.
- To attend parent conferences and meetings, to respond to correspondence from parents, schools, professionals and face to face enquiries and undertake any follow up actions.
- To provide direct support to parents undergoing the statutory assessment process, as required. This includes keeping parents fully informed.
- To respond to queries from parents, schools and other agencies in a friendly, timely and helpful manner.
- To complete procedures in relation to statutory assessment in accordance with approved regulations and the proper time-scales.
- To undertake procedures relating to the planning processing and tracking of annual reviews.
- To maintain and respond to Health referrals regarding pre-school children. Liaising with parents, professionals and settings as appropriate.
- To maintain accurate record systems, following standard procedures and undertake regular audits as required.
- To cover telephone reception on a rota basis.
- To record and distribute in-coming post as appropriate.
- To use ICT systems including database, outlook, excel and word.
- To ensure that assessments proceed rapidly and efficiently.
- To undertake the reception of clients, parents and other visitors.
- To participate in appropriate meetings within SAS.
- To participate in the My Performance process, take personal responsibility for the identification of learning and development opportunities and reflect on training needs for discussion with the line manager.
- To comply with individual responsibilities in accordance with work role, for health and safety in the workplace.
- To ensure that all duties and services provided are in accordance with the County Council Equalities Policies and Practices.
- To undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
- A good standard of general education
- Achievement of Level 2 of the SEN awards, or the willingness to undertake this qualification
- Working in a public service role with the knowledge and skills to support a caseworker role.
- Working jointly with others in an office environment.
- Use of information technology skills
- Experience of communicating effectively with members of the public, officers/professionals sometimes in challenging situations.
- Experience of working in an environment where the focus is on solutions, proactive, efficient and effective modes whilst adhering to statutory time constraints.
Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team on 033 005 83330*
*Calls to this number are charged in the same way as calls to numbers starting 01 or 02, please check with your service provider
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.