Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
Bring your social work practice expertise to Hillingdon - and be an inspiration to others.
At Hillingdon we are changing lives for the better. Our Adults Social Workers provide services across a number of areas including Initial Assessment, Locality and Hospital Teams and a specialist Learning Disability Service.
What will joining Hillingdon mean for me?
We are recruiting high-performing Adults Social Workers who are looking to develop their career in an innovative local authority, committed to realising potential.
We understand the need to nurture and support staff, that's why you will receive an excellent induction process when you join us, on the job support, access to a wide range of training and development as well as experienced managers who will support your work and career.
There are many ways to develop both personally and professionally with a clear pathway for progression which may include leadership development programmes. You will be given every encouragement to reach your potential. We recognise talented individuals and that's why many of our managers within Social Care who started in lower level positions have progressed to senior management roles!
About the role
Adult MASH are responsible for reviewing all safeguarding referrals in the London Borough of Hillingdon. For all referrals that appear to be safeguarding concerns Adult MASH will liaise with partners to make initial enquiries and implement safety measures.
You will be a qualified, experienced Social Worker looking to progress your career You will have developed your skills and knowledge with further post qualifying training and have specific experience with the relevant client group.
You will be innovative and creative with a willingness to explore new models of working to improve the outcomes for our service users. Moreover, you will be a highly motivated individual who is able to build strong relationships to deliver the best possible outcomes for vulnerable people.
The Social Worker profile describes our career pathway and outlines in detail the qualification and experience levels required for these positions.
Join our highly rated Adult Social Work services and you'll enjoy the chance to build on our strengths and improve adults lives across Hillingdon.
Apply now to be part of the future of Adult Social Work at Hillingdon!
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.