Permanent Full-time x2
Salary: SO1 (£31, 122 – £32, 112) per annum
We have a number of vacancies in our Governance Team for Governance Officers (formerly known as committee officers). The role of the governance officer is interesting and varied and you will work with officers and members across the Council to provide support for the democratic and governance process by arranging, clerking and minuting formal committee and other Council meetings. You will also give advice on the Constitution and our governance processes. You will be required to attend evening meetings on a regular basis. Experience working as a committee officer is desirable but you might also have similar transferable skills from another role. We need people who have an excellent standard of written English and who are able to understand complex issues and prepare minutes that will be published. You must be able to work under pressure in a demanding and sometimes pressured environment and you must be confident to give advice to senior officers and politicians in public meetings. You will be educated to GCSE or A-Level standard.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: 23:59 on Sunday 27th November 2022
Interview Date: TBC
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Temi Bolorunduro on 0204 526 7153 or Temi.Bolorunduro@enfield.gov.uk.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Claire Johnson on Claire.Johnson@enfield.gov.uk