Policy & Strategy Officer (Leader and Cabinet Office)
SO1 (£31,122 - £32,112) per annum
Secondment Opportunity (12-18 Months)
A great opportunity has arisen for a new strategy and policy officer to work in the Leader and Cabinet Office. The successful candidate will be required to undertake research and prepare policy briefings for the Leader and other Cabinet members. The successful candidate will have knowledge of the issues facing local government and the political landscape nationally. They will be able to support elected members and senior Council officers and will have a collaborative approach. This is a secondment opportunity, for approximately a year. This will provide an excellent development opportunity for an ambitious and creative person. We are looking for a high calibre candidate with good written and presentation skills. Some remote and flexible working will be possible but the work will largely be based at the Civic Centre in Enfield. Some attendance at evening meetings will be required.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed
Fixed Term post/Secondment Opportunity
An external candidate, including Enfield Council agency workers, would be appointed on a fixed term contract, whilst internal candidates who are Council employees, would normally be expected to take up the post on a secondment basis.
To be eligible to apply for a secondment, Enfield Council employees must have completed probation and must have discussed/agreed the proposed secondment with their line manager. Fixed term contracts may be considered where secondment is not possible.
Secondments are the temporary loan of an employee from one part of the organisation to another part of the organisation and rely on the secondee to return to their substantive position on completion of the secondment.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: 23:59 on Sunday 27th November 2022
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Temi Bolorunduro on 0204 526 7153 or Temi.Bolorunduro@enfield.gov.uk.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Claire Johnson on Claire.Johnson@enfield.gov.uk