Deputy Head of Homelessness Prevention & Assessment
£60,366 to £63,651
Grade - PO10
Waltham Forest is a place where people want to live, raise a family, and start a business. It is also a fantastic place to work.
Over the past few years Waltham Forest, as a council has changed drastically, and despite the challenges of austerity, the Council continues to record high levels of resident satisfaction. As funding reductions continue, Waltham Forest is creating a council for the future.
We are the first ever London borough of culture. We have been honoured with several other awards, including the 2019 MJ Awards as Local Authority of the year.
Housing has a very high profile on the council’s agenda and dealing with homelessness has a major focus following the ending of the eviction ban, the rising cost of living and complex social issues leading to an increase in demand at a time when we are experiencing an unprecedented decrease in supply.
About the role
As the Deputy Head of our Homelessness Prevention & Assessment service, you will:
- Lead on service transformation, supporting the Head of Prevention & Assessment with effective strategy execution.
- Lead on a portfolio of improvement processes, capacity building and driving sustainable improvement to the service, addressing major risks and issues.
- Ensure that staff are developed to high professional standards across the homelessness prevention & assessment service and cross cutting areas
We are looking for candidates with :
- Experience of leading service transformation in the homelessness arena.
- Proven strategic vision and leadership.
- Demonstrable expertise in homelessness law, homeless prevention, and good practise .
- Extensive experience of setting targets, monitoring performance, and taking remedial action to achieve targets in a pressurized homelessness setting.
Closing date: 24 November 2022
Interview date: 1st December 2022