Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
This is a great time to join the London borough of Hillingdon, with a growing economy and a range of new sectors starting to provide new jobs and careers opportunities. As the Senior Economic development officer you will very much involved in working with a range of partners to ensure our residents benefit from this economic growth.
About the role
Whilst your primary focus will be on working with partners to ensure that the growth in our economy benefits residents, working as part of a growing economic development and regeneration team you will also have the opportunity to gain experience in a range of economic development and regeneration projects and partnerships.
We are looking for a confident, enthusiastic team member to work with both Council services and external partners to support current employment pathways and to develop new and appropriate services. You will also work with colleagues from the private sector and potentially with other local authorities and regional organisations.
We are looking for a candidate who has experience in the employment and skills sector and preferably experience of having worked with a local authority and / or partnership working. A knowledge of the local economy is desirable.
Great communication skills, and a positive and proactive approach to work is a must.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.