Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
This is a fixed term contract for up to 18 months.
A great opportunity has risen for three Apprenticeship positions within the London Borough of Hillingdon's Parking Services team. This department administers services including parking enforcement, PCN representations & appeals and parking operations management which includes the management and maintenance of Council-owned car parking facilities. The role will see you working with the back office team - not enforcement issuing parking tickets - so it is primarily office based.
The Apprentice will work flexibly across the Service, learning on the job by undertaking administrative and practical field work. They will be exposed to internal and external stakeholders, gain an in-depth knowledge of parking services and have daily interactions with the public to ultimately ensure delivery of a high-quality and efficient service. The Apprentices will be integral to the functioning and continual improvement of the Service.
More information on these positions can be found in the attached job description.
We are looking for individuals who are ready to learn, are proactive in nature and can work from their own initiative with the appropriate guidance. The Apprentice must be highly motivated, have a 'can do' attitude, be focused on customer care and deliver the required results.
'The successful appointees will work towards achieving a Business Administrator Standard Level 3 apprenticeship or Improvement Technician Standard Level 3. (To note: The Service are looking to appoint 2 x Apprentices for the Business Administrator Standard Level 3, and 1 x Apprentices for the Improvement Technician Standard Level 3. Please make a note in your application if there is a specific apprenticeship scheme you would like to be considered for)
The candidate must hold a GCSE/Level 2 Maths and English (Grade C or equivalent), qualifications. If this is not currently held, the candidate must demonstrate in their application an ability and willingness to complete Functional Skills English and/or Maths (as required) before the end point assessment. Further, the candidate cannot already hold an equivalent or higher qualification in the same profession (Parking Services).
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.