Principal Development Management Officer
£37,245 – £44,126 inclusive of outer fringe allowance per annum
37 per week
To deal with a caseload of complex planning applications (including listed buildings, conservation areas and estate management consent applications).
To manage a small team, providing support and guidance to ensure work is completed in accordance with established performance indicators.
To ensure development in the District takes place in accordance with the policies of the Council.
To prepare committee reports and to check the team’s reports and present to committee.
Deal with written representation, hearing and inquiry planning appeals arising from own cases and others within the team.
Assist the planning enforcement team, in the investigation and resolution of breaches of planning control.
- To have completed a first degree and post graduate qualification in Town Planning and related subject.
- Experience of professional town planning work within the development management field.
- Be conversant with the main principles of Town Planning together with main areas of planning policy and law.
- To have had experience of hearings and public inquiries
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise workload
- The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential in this post.
- Have the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload effectively showing flexibility and adaptability
- Will need to be able to carry out visits and have own reliable transport
- Be an excellent communicator both verbally and written
- To maintain professionalism and integrity in often difficult and emotive circumstances
For further information on the role, please see the person specification.
Please read the person specification fully before applying for this vacancy. It is essential you refer to the person specification when completing your application and provide relevant examples to demonstrate how you meet the criteria. If you do not provide examples, your application will be unsuccessful.
Closing date for application is 7 October 2018.
Assessments and interviews will be held on 16 or 17 October 2018.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Chris Carter on 01707 357298.
How to Apply
About Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council