Recovery Manager (Council Tax, Business Rates, Adult Social Care & Sundry Debts)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Recovery Manager to join our team and be part of our transformational journey in the way we deliver our services.
Providing leadership to a newly restructured team, we are looking for someone to coach, develop and establish the team focused on delivering against ambitious targets, improved ways of working and providing excellent customer service.
A key requirement is to have extensive experience and background in Local Taxation and Sundry Debts and ideally a qualification in IRRV but this is not essential. You will be required to have an in depth understanding of legislative frameworks and excellent understanding of best practices especially for administration of Council Tax and Business Rates.
Taking a professional approach you will have the ability to manage conflicting priorities in a pressurised work environment. You’ll use your own initiative to develop solutions, plan ahead and anticipate consequences and impact and manage large scale change.
The main duties of the role are:
- To provide management and direction to the Recovery Team working closely with the Revenues & Recovery Services to ensure delivery of strategic objectives
- Contribute towards development of policies, procedures, agreed standards and improve the effective running of the team. Ensuring staff have adequate training and continuous development
- Making decisions regarding the best strategy to maximise income
- Manage performance including production of reporting of appropriate data as required
- Working with stakeholders and external bodies developing strong relationships to ensure customer service is outstanding
- Ensure work is kept up to date along with the Senior Recovery Officers, following the recovery timetable to ensure adhered too
- Be supportive, motivate, develop and guide the Senior Recovery Officers to lead the team ensuring they have the appropriate training, empowerment and responsibility to carry out their own roles
- Represent the Council at Magistrates Court hearings relating to the collection of Council Tax and Business Rates
If you think this role would suit you and you would like further information please contact Becky Mortimer-Browne on 07824406992 or alternatively apply Wokingham Borough Council Jobs (jgp.co.uk)
Please be aware that applications will be reviewed on receipt, and we reserve the right to close the advert early.
Closing Date: 25th November 2022, 11pm
Interview Date: TBC
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.