Please note this vacancy is open to Medway Council Redeployee staff only at this time. Please refer to the Redeployee Guidance pack available on Just4You for further information on the process. If you are unable to access this please contact the Resourcing Team on 01634 332878 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have an exciting opportunity that has become available within Housing Services as a Temporary Accommodation Officer and we are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated person with a passion for helping people and a willingness to learn.
The post holder will be responsible for assessing homeless applicants needs for the purpose of providing temporary accommodation, guide them through the process and assist with move on into suitable more long term accommodation. The post holder will also be responsible for managing temporary accommodation, dealing with any issues that may arise, such as anti-social behaviour and non-payment of rent.
The service is fast paced and varied and if you are looking for an interesting, rewarding role in a high profile area then this post is for you.
- Good general education to 5 GCSE's including English and Mathematics or equivalent
- Experience within a housing management, or similar office environment
- Experience of working directly with vulnerable households including young persons
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present complex information in an understandable way
- To be able to undertake visits to applicants in temporary accommodation and at other venues as and when appropriate
- Is proficient in the use of IT and Microsoft office programs such as Outlook, Word and Excel
In return we offer you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
- Assisted car purchase scheme
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager please call Tracy Chambers 01634 333578.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.