Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity and would you like to be part of a growing school team? Adamsrill Primary School is now looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Premises Manager who can maintain the school’s facilities requirements and manage the premises team.
OVERVIEW OF THE SCHOOL AND THE ROLE
Adamsrill Primary School is a growing two-form entry school situated in the heart of Sydenham in Lewisham. Adamsrill’s utmost priority is our commitment to ensuring all children succeed. We are seeking to appoint a Premises Manager with a strong work ethic to manage the smooth running of our school premises. We are looking for someone who possesses a range of skills including extensive maintenance experience and skills in premises management (preferably in schools). This is a great opportunity to be a part of a growing and consistently developing school.
WHY CHOOSE US
Adamsrill Primary School is a Good-rated school based in Lewisham. You’ll enjoy a career that offers so much more. A career with a purpose that you can shape and believe in. An inclusive environment, where you can always be the true you and feel championed, heard, and supported. Where you’ll grow, collaborate and learn something new, each and every day. By connecting with others, right across our school, you’ll be part of an inspiring community, all working together to make an impact that matters – for our pupils, staff, parents, and the wider world.
We understand how important staff wellbeing is in the current challenging environment, therefore our school offers a professional Employee Assistant Programme that provides a confidential freephone helpline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for school employees to receive expert advice on personal, family, financial and legal matters. Lewisham local authority also offers a cycle loan scheme which is an excellent opportunity to acquire a brand new cycle for work.
Our school is set in a well-connected city location and situated close to the main Sydenham road (5min walk) and Sydenham & Lower Sydenham overground train stations which are 15min walk. Our school community offers the opportunity to become a meaningful part of the wider community through enrichment and extra-curricular activities.
- S01, Spine Point 23 – 25 (£32,868 - £34,062) annual Salary (35 hours per week – All Year Round)
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team.
- Courteous pupils and staff.
- Free parking.
- Experience of working in a school environment.
- Maintenance and DIY skills
- Experience of Health & Safety legislation as it applies to schools
- Good IT Skills
- Experience of being in a similar role.
- Good communication and numeracy skills
- Time management.
- Pride in their work and understanding of the importance of maintaining a safe and attractive learning environment for children
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE:
- Demonstrate previous experience and ‘DIY skills’ to identify, monitor, and carry out minor repairs, maintenance, and redecoration.
- Demonstrate knowledge of moving and handling procedures and be physically able to carry out the physical tasks of the role (e.g. lifting, shifting, clearing snow, etc).
- Demonstrate knowledge of Health & Safety and hygiene procedures and precautions.
- Awareness of COSHH regulations, applying knowledge gained as appropriate.
- Demonstrate good communication skills that allow effective communication with all levels of school staff, governors, pupils, contractors, and outside users of the school (hirers).
- Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to visit the school or to contact the headteacher for an informal conversation.
Adamsrill Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure, overseas checks if applicable, and receipt of satisfactory references.
Original evidence of the right to work within the United Kingdom will be required prior to commencement of employment i.e. National Insurance Numbe