OneSource is the shared back office support service for Bexley, Havering and Newham Councils. We provide a shared service solution covering a range of transactional, operational and strategic services.
Since its inception, oneSource has made and continues to make significant savings and improvements to service delivery by:
• Reducing duplication
• Making efficiency gains by reengineering processes
• Using the best skills and resources from all partner councils
oneSource has its own vision, values and ways of working, distinctive from the three councils. These reflect the sort of service we want provide to our customers. The ICT Department is part of the OneSource shared service and consists of teams making up all areas of ICT support and delivery services. One of these teams is the ICT Projects and Programmes team.
ICT Implementation Manager (2 year Fixed Contract)
£38,994 - £46,578 pa
The purpose of this role is to:
• Deliver ICT related projects and workstreams to oneSource partner organisations and customers, within agreed limits of time, quality and budget
• Prepare and deliver all project related documentation in line with the standards of the organisation
• Assist oneSource partner organisations and customers to identify and exploit new technologies and processes.
• Contribute to business development initiatives in support of oneSource partner organisations and customers
• Contribute to the development and delivery of the agreed ICT strategy for oneSource partner organisations and customers
• Lead business process redesign activities using agreed methodologies and standards
• Supervise and support a number of ICT implementation-related staff, defining tasks and resource levels as required
• Be accountable for specific development of ICT strategies for oneSource partner organisations and customers
• Report on the progress of all projects in line with the expectations of the Project and Programme Leadership
You will be required to have:
• Extensive project management experience – Mandatory
• Recognised project management qualification – Mandatory
• Demonstrable experience of working on ICT Infrastructure and application implementation projects - Mandatory
• Experience of working in public sector in a local government environment - Mandatory
• Experience in all stages of the full project lifecycle, with good knowledge of project management tools, methods and processes - Mandatory
• Excellent time-management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and resources as required – Mandatory
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills – Mandatory
• Experience of managing public sector procurement activities - Desirable
• The ability to build relationships with key technical resources and stakeholders - Desirable
• Experience of working on multiple projects simultaneously - Desirable
• Experience of working in a matrix management environment - Desirable
• Team organisational skills, and the ability to work independently without day-to-day supervision - Desirable
You will be required to work between Havering Town Hall and Newham Dockside as dictated by your individual project needs.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Liz Dixon on 01708 434560, or Dan Pluck on 01708 433044, or Cassius Browne on 01708 434359.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 23rd September 2018, however interest in this job may be high and we therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
You will be notified if your application has been successful. Interviews are scheduled from 28th September 2018.
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Helpdesk on 01708 432770.
IMPORTANT: If you are an LBN member of staff and applying for this role as a secondment you should note that secondments are subject to the agreement of your current employing service. Please ensure that you inform your line manager of your intention to apply for the post in the first instance.
The London Borough of Newham is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Newham Redeployees.
The London Borough of Newham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Help Desk on: 0203 373 0909.