£8.92 per hour (pro rata to £16,743 per annum), based at Mallow Crescent, Burpham, Surrey.
We offer a local government salary-related pension, for more information on our benefits package please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for these roles.
About the Role
Are you enthusiastic, able to use common sense and have an aptitude for working with people?
Are you ready to make a difference in someone’s life?
We are looking for reliable and committed Night Care Assistants to attend to the care needs of individuals during the night and to ensure a safe environment is maintained. Promoting independence, choice and control for individuals is at the heart of this post. The role holder should have confidence to use their initiative and make decisions independently as this role involves lone working. Good verbal and written communication skills are necessary as well as the ability to record information accurately and follow guidelines, risk assessments and support plans.
Night Care Assistants provide all areas of care at night, including:
- Supporting individuals with personal care
- Regular checks of individuals as specified in care plans
- Ensuring security checks of the building are made
- Promoting individual’s rights / choice
- Notifying the duty officer of any significant change in the individuals
- Carrying out domestic duties (including cleaning, laundry, basic food prep) as directed
- Providing drinks / snacks for individuals during the night, as appropriate
Experience is not necessary, you simply need to have the right qualities:
- Understanding of the sensitivity to the needs of people with learning disabilities.
- A willingness to encourage and support people with learning disabilities.
- Respect for the cultures and beliefs of the people we support.
- The resilience and emotional intelligence to handle challenging situations. Every day is different and can throw up its own challenges and pressures. You need to be adaptable but able to follow guidelines with a consistent, person centred approach.
- A flexible attitude, both to the level of care required by the people we support as well as the time requirements of the role.
Our residential homes for Adults with learning difficulties are inspected on a regular basis and we are very proud of the quality of our residential services for Adults within Surrey. As a result, we have invested in our homes and staff and plan to continue this, in order to achieve a service that is ambitious, innovative and responsive to the needs of service users within our care.
You will receive Full Induction Training (including mandatory training), as well as the opportunity to undertake further Personal Skills Training under regular staff supervision. You will complete the Care Certificate within 12 weeks of the start of your employment and are opportunities for further study are available.
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job description and person specification. We look forward to receiving your application.
Please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Rodney House - please call Kim Collen, Team Manager, on 01932 241219 or by email email@example.com
Coveham – please call Lonah Buwu, Team Manager, on 01932 794600 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Arundel - please call Carole Gardner, Team Manager, on 01737 737290 or by email email@example.com
Hillside – please call Karen McCormick, Team Manager on 01932 794614 or by email Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 17th September 2018.
For more information about each of our homes please see the attachments at the end of this advert.
This is an open advert so applications will be reviewed regularly and you will be notified of the outcome by email or telephone.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and answer the Application Questions, clearly evidencing the following:
- Aspirations to “make a difference”.
- A committed, positive and flexible attitude.
- An ability to demonstrate an understanding of some of the issues facing vulnerable adults.
- You will also be asked to provide your Personal Details and select the Homes you are interested in applying for, from our list of Current Opportunities, using the ‘Apply for Job’ link below.