Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
About the Team
The 14-19 Service (including Hounslow Connexions) works with schools and within the community to ensure that young people receive high quality careers information advice and guidance (IAG) to ensure successful progression into future education or training. The team is responsible for ensuring that all young people are supported to participate in learning until they are 18.
- Using a range of strategies to confirm the participation status of young people (phone calls, emails, text, social media, standard letters, doorstep visits)
- Recording the outcomes of contacts with young people on the IYSS (database) system
- Working flexibly to supporting Connexions Careers Advisers activities that promote engagement with young people (e.g. supporting events, attending drop -in centres, undertaking some late-evening calls)
- Excellent communication (including the ability to engage and establish rapport with young people and parents/carers)
- Competent in using standard IT (word processing, spreadsheets, data-bases, internet)
- Well organised and able to work systematically whilst managing a range of tasks
- A good team player willing to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service
Essential for The Role
(QUALIFICATIONS OR MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE BEFORE APPLYING)
- You should have a minimum of 5 A*-C GCSEs (Including English and Maths)
- You should have experience of engaging with young people (ideally in a careers guidance setting) and a willingness to develop IAG experience and related qualifications.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact David Scott (Head of Service). E: David.Scott@hounslow.gov.ukor T: 020 8583 4158
To view the Job Description and Employee Specification please visit our website.
To view the Hounslow Employee Benefits, please visit our website.
Closing date: Monday 24thSeptember 2018
Interviews will be held on Friday 5thOctober 2018