Midday Supervisory Assistant
Required as soon as possible.
We are looking to appoint a hardworking and enthusiastic Midday Supervisor to help our children have a happy and enjoyable lunchtime, supervise children as they eat their dinners and help them play well together.
The successful candidate will be required to work as part of a team.
The role involves:
- The supervision of children within the dining hall, ensuring that the environment is safe at all times
- Ensuring that children are engaged in meaningful play
- Ensuring that children enter and leave the playground in an orderly manner
- The supervision of children within the classroom during bad weather
- The supervision of children within the playground ensuring that there are no signs of bullying and encouraging purposeful play within a happy stimulating environment.
- The issue of minor first aid and attention to children who are unwell.
- Having a calm manner and a good sense of humour
To assist with any other duties as from time to time which may be allocated by the Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher.
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
This post is subject to Local Government Pension Scheme